Looking for a federal tax form? Or just want to browse different financial resources? Creason-Edwards & Cimarolli has provided the links below as well as our financial calculators as references for our clients.
IRS & Tax Information Links
- IRS Tax Withholding Estimator: This IRS tool helps you identify the right amount of tax to have withheld from your paycheck.
- IRS Dirty Dozen Tax Scams: IRS list of tax scams targeting taxpayers.
- IRS2Go: IRS2Go is the official mobile app of the IRS. You can check your refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more.
- Recordkeeping: PDF outline best practices for recordkeeping.
Preparing to file your income taxes:
- Charitable Contributions: Information from the IRS about how to document charitable contributions throughout the year.
- Find Charitable Organizations: Use this IRS search feature to find legitimate, qualified charities that are eligible to receive tax deductible donations.
- Interactive Tax Assistant - General Filing Questions: Answers to General Filing Questions
- Mileage: This link shows the optional standard mileage rates for employees, self-employed individuals, or other taxpayers to use in computing the mileage deductions.
- Missing Form W-2: If you haven't received your form W-2 by mid-February, follow these instructions from the IRS.
After filing your income taxes:
- Federal Payments: Use this IRS resource to view options for payment of federal income tax and estimated tax payments.
- Illinois Payments: Individuals can use MyTax Illinois to make Illinois income tax and estimated tax payments. It's not necessary to create an account to use this service.
- Options if Unable to Pay: PDF outlining your tax due payment options
- Where's My Amended Return: Get up-to-date information on the status of your amended income tax return. It can take up to three weeks from the date you mail it for it to show up in the IRS system.
- Where's My Refund: Get up-to-date information on the status of your refund. You can check the status within 24 hours when filed electronically. When filed by paper, wait roughly 4 weeks before checking the status.
New Employee Forms
- W-4: This form is used to determine employee's federal income tax withholding.
- IL W-4: This form is used to determine the correct amount of Illinois income tax withholding.
- MO W-4: This form is used to determine the correct amount of Missouri income tax withholding.
- I-9: All employees must complete this form at the time of hire for the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Illinois New Hire Reporting Form: Illinois employers are required to report new employees to the New Hire Directory within 20 days of the employee's first day on the payroll.
- Healthcare Notice: This link provides guidance from the Department of Labor (DOL) regarding notice of healthcare coverage options for new employees. If your business is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (generally, businesses that have at least one employee and at least $500,000 in annual sales), you must notify new employees at the time of hiring of their options for complying with the Affordable Care Act. The DOL has created two sample notices to help you communicate with your employees:
- W-9: Use this form to provide your correct social or FEIN to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example, income paid to you, real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt, or contributions you made to an IRA.
Link Disclosure: The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you click on any of the links provided here, you are leaving this website and viewing information provided by a third party. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided by any third-party website. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, websites, information and programs made available through this website. By accessing these calculators, you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the third-party website.
- What is my life expectancy?
- What are the chances of becoming disabled?
- How much will I earn in my lifetime?
- How long will my current life insurance proceeds last?
Home & Mortgage
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card(s)?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What would my loan payments be?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Which is better, cash up front or payments over time?
- What is the impact of making extra debt payments?
- Should I pay off debts or invest the money?
Paycheck & Benefits
- Affordable Care Act: Tax provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Federal Department of Labor: Resource for the current labor laws and workers rights.
- Social Security Administration: Obtain your social security benefit statement, apply for benefits, manage benefits and much more.
- Society for Human Resource Management: The world's largest association devoted to human resource management.
- SmallBusiness.com: Guidance on business decisions for the small business.
- Wall Street Journal: Top financial and related news.
[aw token_custom_load_accordion] [aw token_custom_load_magnific]